TORONTO 2015 will be the largest international multi-sport Games ever held on Canadian soil. From July 10 to 26 and August 7 to 15, 2015, Toronto and the Greater Golden Horseshoe region will be brimming with energy and excitement as they play host to athletes from 41 countries and territories, all brought together under the motto, United We Play!
The flurry of maple leaves on this coin highlights Canada's role as host country for the TORONTO 2015 Games, while a maple leaf silhouette at the centre of the design frames various athletes in competition. It's executed as a hologram with shimmering colour that infuses the design with energy—just like the spirit of the Games!
A valuable keepsake, perfect as a gift for the aspiring athlete in your family! Order yours today!
• OWN THE COMPLETE SET! This is just one of three stunning TORONTO 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games coins. Order all three to make a complete set!
• This coin features masterful engraving and a stunning combination of different finishes, reliefs and holographic images in a visually stunning celebration of the spirit of sport at the TORONTO 2015 Games.
• Meticulous engraving combined with the use of different finishes results in a dynamic design that captures the energy and excitement of the largest, international multi-sport event ever held in Canada.
• Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, the design features a stunning hologram depicting athletes competing in a sampling of the Games' 51 sports, adding movement and a sense of layered depth as the athletes seem to emerge from the coin in a burst of light.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
About the Design:
Like the tiered steps of a podium, engraved lines lead up to a raised, stylized maple leaf that provides striking dimension to the design. Within the leaf's outline is a captivating hologram that depicts athletes competing in a sampling of the Games' 51 sports. It is this hologram, along with the positioning of the athletes, that creates the illusion of depth and layers, with the athletes seemingly emerging from the coin in a burst of shimmering light as the viewer tilts the coin from side to side. At the top, two female synchronized divers seem to soar in a forward somersault pike position while below, a male gymnast defies gravity by performing a handstand on the rings as part of the artistic gymnastics competition. To the left of him, an athlete maintains his speed as he launches over a hurdle, his lead leg extended while his trailing leg is tucked in close to his hip. At the right edge of the image field, a para-athlete extends one arm to make a shot in the fast-paced wheelchair basketball competition while below, a female weightlifter triumphantly lifts a barbell above her head. Further symbolizing Canada's role as host country of the TORONTO 2015 Games, a multitude of engraved maple leaves of different sizes fill the left side of the reverse and are beautifully highlighted with alternating frosting. The overall design is brimming with dynamic energy and movement—much like the Games!
Did you know?
• The very first Pan American Games took place in 1951 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, while the first Parapan American Games took place in 1999 in Mexico City.
• The Games are held every four years, on the year preceding the Olympic and Paralympic Summer Games.
• The Pan American Games have been held twice before in Canada, in 1967 and 1999 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
• The Royal Canadian Mint has proudly designed and produced the unique gold, silver and bronze medals to be awarded to the winning athletes and para-athletes of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.